Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday, August 25th

What do you know about Web Design right now? What did you know about Web Design before you walked in to this class? Tell me as much as you can about how web pages work. Try to use an example if possible.

Web Design is centered around the adding your own touch to the internet, whether it's designing and sharing your own thoughts on a blog like this or creating a website in you own style. It's all just about making a little part of the internet well... you. Before I joined Web Design, I did know a little HTML and I had tried blogging before but I could never figure out how a lot of the little things worked so I usually gave up. Now I know all about making the different parts of HTML like making the body, the head, all the little paragraphs, adding links, adding pictures, the <!DOCTYPE> tag, and all the basic fun stuff that goes into making the skeleton of your website. I understand now that HTML is the actual content and CSS is all the fancy designing and modifying you can add to it like messing with the font and its colors or playing around with the background. I also understand how almost everything in HTML uses opening and closing tags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment